I found this error in a java agent first. If you detach a file from a Notes document using Domino Classes and try to get a handle on the file using java.io.File the file isn’t found until you do a new call against the server. I don’t know if this has to do with the change of Java version server side or not but the same code works in FP6.
File objInFile = new File(strFileName);
But if you go and use java.io.File in an XPage it will not find a file until you reload the page completely, it seams to work fine in FP6 but not in newer versions.
I have tried this on Window 64bit version of Domino 9.01fp6, 9.01fp7 and 9.01fp9
Anybody else seeing the same problems please report against the problem
SPR # PALTAQQLXH / APAR LO92928
If you want to test it in a database let me know and I can supply a sample database
Have you experienced any other bugs related to the Java upgrade?
Yes you heard right, onpremise Verse gets extensionpoints that gives you the possibility to find text and populate this.
And also gives you the possibility to do intercept the user before a email is sent. This is great for compliance reasons.
There is more good stuff in there but this is really exciting a developer end point in to web email.
If you are using Domino and mail on premise you should install Verse now.
My list on why you should
- Modern fast interface for your users
- Supersmart filtering of emails
Filter by folder, time and even containing attachments, Group emails by thread. Last two added with Verse 1.01
- Need Action and wait for functions for better email workflows
- Offline emails
Installing Verse is a simple operation, make sure that your server has the right Domino and FP version installed. Also add the 2 new views to your mail templates and update this to your users.
Verse is a great performance enhancement for mail management.
Some improvements I would like to see in future versions
- Get the calendar inbox and full verse calendar experience
- Add more time intervall. Previous Month, last 30 days, This Year
- Preview of attachments
- Support for SmartCloud version of Connections, today only on premise Connections.
- Extension API:s
- Watson cloud extensions for smarter email and calendar
- Better ways to create new emails an include attachments for other emails (i.e you get an request for an invoice copy from an customer. you connect to finance to get the copy. and want to send this attachment to the customer but you don’t want to forward the email from finance)
Verse 1.01 is out with great improvements so if you have Verse but not that version upgrade (needs 9.01fp8 if3)