How many paper based-routines does your company have?
If you are lucky you can answer none on this question, but are you sure?
- What about vacations
- When you are sick
- Expence report
- Time report
- Purcase requests
- Travel expense requests
- Performance Appraisals (PA)
And there is probably lots more routines
If you still can say no, then your company has came very far and you are one of the lucky few employees that can work 100% digital.
These are some reasons why your company should move towards getting these routines/reports into an electronic workflow if your company still have paper-based routines.
These are my top 7 in no specific order.
- Geographical boundaries
- Easier reporting
- Easier to follow up
- History, who did what and when
- Handling cost
Considerations when moving to an electronic workflow
These are some things that I need is
- What devices are the users going to use when doing the reporting
- Create / buy an application that support more than one workflow in the same application
- Possibility to change the workflow with minimum cost when the business needs change
- Alarms/ Notifications to the users when certain criterias happens
A flexible system should be able to
- Easy to adapt the reports/routines into what data you need to collect
- Handle more that one report/routine type
- Can handle different access levels
- Have alarms when things need attention
- Can export reports, so you can do statistics
- Easy to search for reports
I could probably add some more things but these are the most important one, if you ask me. The great thing is that IBM Domino is a great tool to create these types of applications that’s why my company QNova Systems have built all of our applications on this platform and have NO plans of moving away from this platform. Because of the security, rapid development cycle, and document centric data model. We are expanding our suite of applications and will deliver even more corporate applications in the future both for on premise and cloud based deployment. To help companies move away from paper-based work and into a faster and better world, where we don’t cut down trees to print things out, and throw it away.